Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mini Explosion Box Tutorial

Good Morning!
My how the days are flying by!  Can you believe it's Thursday already?  Earlier this week I shared the mini explosion box/tea light birthday cake that I made for my mother in law's birthday.  I have received several emails in regards to how I made the box.  I didn't write a full tutorial with pictures for it as I didn't think it was going to be so popular! I did write the basic instructions in the comments section of that post but I realize that not everyone saw them.

So here they are:
Mini Explosion Box Measurements:
For the box base- I started with a piece of card stock that was 6" square.  Score all 4 sides at 2". Completely cut away all 4 corners.
To decorate the sides- I used card stock that measured 1 3/4" square.  The DSP that I layered onto the card stock measures 1 1/2" square.  Embellish as you wish!

For the lid- start with a 3 1/8" square piece of card stock.  Score all 4 sides at 1/2".  Cut from score line to score line on opposite sides to create little flaps.  Fold into a box shape and secure each flap with a glue dot.
Embellish the top as desired.

That's it!  YES!!! It's really that simple!  Keep in mind while decorating the inside of the box- the heavier you make your sides- the quicker they will "explode" when the box is opened.

Wanna share your creation with me?  Post it to my facebook page!  https://www.facebook.com/DanisThoughtfulCorner 
I would love to see what you create!

Have a great day!

Haven't signed up for my newsletter yet?  No worries!  You can still do so!  Just click the "Subscribe to our mailing list" button on the top of the left sidebar.  Enter your email address and you'll immediately be sent a FREE tutorial!  Last week's newsletter contained a tutorial on how to make paper roses. This week's newsletter  features a color challenge and a stamp set giveaway!  Don't miss out on the fun!  Join us today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment