Wednesday, September 10, 2014

#hello

#hello!
Do you love office supplies as much as I do?  I knew when I saw the brand new Spiral Border punch in the 2014-2015  Annual catalog that I just *had* to buy it.  It screamed office supplies to me.  Now I know it's not "technically" an office supply but it sure does make some cute notepad paper!  The DSP on this card is from the Typeset Specialty DSP and it's a perfect match for the Spiral Border punch.  Together they make the perfect sheet of tablet paper!


For this card- I wanted to add some texture to the DSP but didn't want to emboss it. After using the Spiral Border punch- I wadded the paper up into a ball then opened it back up again.  I did this a few times to break down the fibers in the DSP.   Then all that was left to do was "junk" it up a bit!  Using a Sponge Dauber in Crumb Cake ink- I lightly went over the edges and made a quick pass over the wrinkles to make the DSP look a little dirty. Do you see one of my favorite elements from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set? That's right!  It's the fabulous polka dot border stamp!  That was inked with Coastal Cabana ink, stamped onto scrap paper and then immediately stamped again onto the DSP.   Lastly- I embellished the card with a series of circles and a tiny heart die cut from a sheet of the Typeset Specialty DSP that looked like it was ripped right out of a dictionary.  Sprinkled on a few 2013-2015 In Color Sequins and added a little Coastal Cabana Baker's Twine and viola! 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you enjoyed my project for the day!  
Happy Stampin'!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Kraft, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush
DSP:  Typeset Specialty DSP
Stamps:  Kinda Eclectic, #hello
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Crumb Cake
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, 2" Circle Punch, Hearts Collection Framelits, Bone Folder, Circles Collection Framelits, 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Assortment, Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, Spiral Border Punch, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment