Sunday, March 22, 2015

Monday Montage #40






        Hello there and welcome back for the bi-weekly Monday Montage blog hop.  Did you arrive from the fabulous Cathy Casey's blog?  If not- be sure to follow the hop all the way around to see what beauty she has created today!

 As most of you already know- I work as a medical assistant for a wonderful doctor's office here in town.  Just as a restaurant has it's regulars- so do we.  Some patients I see on a regular basis and I have gotten to know them throughout the past year.  One of my favorite patient's has a birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make a card just for her.  She is the kindest person- for every holiday- she makes me a candle so I thought it only fair that I create something special for her as well.

 My project for tonight is a tri-fold card that is kept closed with a bamboo skewer.  It was difficult to get a good picture so I apologize for the poor quality.  I didn't want the bamboo skewer to just be plain wood looking so I wrapped it with the Birthday Bash Designer Washi Sheets. If you haven't purchased them yet- you need to!  You will LOVE them! 



The picture above shows the card when it's open.  It's really long so it's hard to fit it all into one picture.  The idea for my card was shared by Jim Hankins.  I loved his St. Patrick's version and I knew I needed to create one too!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will continue around the hop by clicking the NEXT button to see what the amazing Dara Gloden has to share with you tonight.  I'm sure it's gorgeous!

Ingredients:
Card Stock:   Night of Navy, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
DSP:  Birthday Bash Specialty 
Stamps:  Celebrate Today
Inks:   Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy Marker
Tools/other supplies: Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Squares Collection Framelits, Hello You Thinlits, Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon, Birthday Bash Designer Washi Sheets, Chipboard (shipped with Filter Paper), Window Sheets, Confetti Stars Punch, Crushed Curry Baker's Twine, Gold Glimmer Paper, Gold Sequin Trim, Calypso Coral Pom Pom Trim, 









4 comments:

  1. How FUN and CLEVER!! Totally happy and festive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun card! And I love all that white space on the inside, especially amidst the busy pattern behind it, and how it's on an angle! Such a fun, fabulous card! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "just" read your bit above; a sweet story. I LOVE how the (decorated) skewer is holding the card closed, it really is fabulous! Your patient will love it, hands down! Have fun gifting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love that it is so unique. And the Bamboo skewer adds such a fun element to this card.

    ReplyDelete