Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WOW!

I can't believe the week is already half over!  Seems like it just started.  Before you know it- the kids will be back in school!

My daughter Amanda starts college in a week and my son starts a new program called the "Middle College".  This year will mark Cameron's first year as a high school student.  However he's not going to traditional high school.  He applied for and was accepted into a program that's been around in the Monroe area for 3 years.  He will attend classes at the Monroe County Community College for 5 years.  In return for good grades and lots of hard work- he will be awarded not only a high school diploma but also a 2 year associates degree in the Health Services field.  (Someday Cameron hopes to become an Anesthesiologist)  So basically he will graduate a year after all his old classmates but will be a year ahead of them as far as college education goes.  Did I mention that this program is FREE?  How awesome is that?  Cam gets 2 FREE years of college education.  Definitely a huge plus these days!

In other news, I have been playing around with my new Stampin' Up! goodies that came while I was on vacation.  One of my new favorite tools is the Candy Wrapper Bigz L die.  I could sit and play with it for HOURS!  The little candy wrappers are absolutely adorable and so very customizable!  You can make them for absolutely anything!  I know I'll definitely be making lots for the upcoming holidays- both Halloween AND Christmas!

Isn't it cute?


Candy Wrapper Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Whisper White
DSP:  Snow Festival
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Set:  Make a Mitten
Embellishments:  1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Real Red)
Tools:  Paper Snips, Big Shot, Candy Wrapper Bigs L Die, 1" Square Punch, Paper Trimmer, Glue Dots, Petal Card Double Punch

1 comment:

  1. First of all Congrats to Cameron. That is quite an honor. I don't think they offer that around here but I no longer have kids that young so maybe they do! I like your candy wrapper. I sometimes get frustrated doing the ends but I do like them.

    ReplyDelete