Sunday, August 9, 2015

Starry Starry Night






        Hello there and welcome back for another Monday Montage blog hop.  Can you believe that this hop is hop #49?  Where does the time go?  If I'm your first stop on the hop- great!  Be sure to use the buttons at the bottom of this post to navigate back to Cathy Casey or next to Dara Gloden.  I know they have some awesome projects to share with you!

      I have a beautiful card to share with you tonight.  I knew it was love at first sight when I got to see the Jingle All The Way stamp set and coordinating Sleigh Ride Edgelits at Convention.  They are simply gorgeous!


To create the background of this card- I sponged the entire Whisper White layer with Tempting Turquoise.  I then sponged Island Indigo in random spots for contrast.  I finished it off by sponging Blackberry Bliss all over the card being careful not to cover up all of the other colors.  I tend to be a perfectionist so creating this card was definitely a challenge for me!  Do you see the white flecks in the background?  That was done by squeezing my Aqua Painter until water started to flow out of it.  Then I flicked it all over the inked background.  
Sadly, I am not the original creator of this technique.  I'm not exactly sure who is however my fabulous Inking Everything teammate Ruthie Graen showed me how she made hers so I figured I'd try it out for myself.  I LOVE it!  Thanks Ruthie!

Thanks for stopping by!  
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog







                 








1 comment:

  1. I love the gorgeous, rich background. The white flecks are awesome! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete