Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop- Oh So Succulent Gift Set

Hey there!  Welcome back to another Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team Blog hop!  If you are hopping with us today then you may have arrived here from the fabulous Cathy Caines.  Isn't she amazing? As we are a group of 20 demonstrators from around the world- our blogs are written in many different languages.  Please be sure to use Google Translate so that you can follow along in your language.  You don't wanna miss out on any of the fabulous details!

For our hop today I'm featuring the Oh So Succulent stamp set and coordinating framelits.  I love the versatility of this stamp set.  From greeting cards to home decor this set has you covered!


 I created an adorable picture frame complete with a succulent picture and a gift bag. This gift bag was created using 2 sheets of 12" x 12" Succulent Garden DSP.  The handles were created using the fabulous 3/8" Succulent Garden Ribbon Combo Pack.


To me- this gift bag is the ideal size.  When completed it measures 6" long x 3" wide x 7" high.  The base has a piece of card stock for reinforcement.  


To create the succulent accent piece I cut several different sized succulent pieces from Old Olive card stock.  All succulent petals were sponged in Rich Razzleberry ink to add texture.  As you can see in the picture above- some petals were inked more heavily than others.  Since I was trying to go for a more natural look- each petal that was sponged was sponged differently with the darkness of the ink.  


I created a faux wooden frame from a sheet of 12" x 12" Soft Suede card stock.  Using the Hardwood background stamp added the look of a real wood texture.


The succulent picture was created using Succulent Garden DSP and several different succulents that were all stamped onto Shimmer White card stock and watercolored.  After they were dry I painted each piece with Clear Wink of Stella for an added shimmer touch.  Since I needed a "flower pot" to hold the succulents- I decided to use the ice cream bowl from the Frozen Treats Framelits Dies.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will continue on your journey to the wonderful Holly Stene!  I KNOW she has something amazing to share!





Supplies: Also used were the Lots of Labels Framelits.

4 comments:

  1. Dani this are fabulous! You really are rocking those gift bags lately! So awesome! I love the frame too - makes me want to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is better than any bought one I have seen! I love your framed piece as well. I want one too!

    ReplyDelete